Wednesday 4 February 2015

Planning: Draft Magazine Photos

The Photoshoot


For the draft magazine photoshoot I used an SLR Nikon D3200 to take pictures of my model. This provided far superior quality pictures compared to the Fuji FinePix S1500 that I used for my preliminary magazine. The set up was the same as my preliminary shoot; it consisted of a white screen that was illuminated by three photography lights placed equidistantly around it. These lights were adjusted to be level with the model so his face was evenly lit. Below is a screenshot of some of the photos I took:



Chosen photos for the Front Page and Double Page Spread


Throughout the shoot I took 156 photos, most of them were okay but only a few turned out the way I wanted them to. I decided that my model looked best when he had his hair up in a mun (man bun) as this fitted well with the style and fashion that I want to implement within my magazine. The photo's I've chosen are also well framed, with the model being roughly centre. The poses that he pulls also varies which makes the photos look unique and interesting.

Editing Photos 


Because my magazine is going to be in black and white, I needed to alter the photos accordingly. This was done by using photoshop to convert the images into black and white. However, it wasn't that simple. I also used photoshop to alter the lighting levels, brightness and contrast in order to make the photos look crisper and sharper. Below is a step by step process of how I edited my chosen photos to make them look the part:


 Step One: First I had to rasterise the layer in which my photo was placed, in order to access the image adjustment tools (such as hue/saturation, brightness etc..)


Step Two: After I rasterised the layer which contained my photo/s, I went straight to the image adjustment tools and selected the 'Black & White...' function


Step Three: After the photo was converted to black and white, I then went to the 'Brightness/Contrast...' function and proceeded to alter the image to make it look sharper, crisper and more vibrant 










The End Result


No comments:

Post a Comment