Friday 9 January 2015

09.01.15 - Preliminary Magazine 'EDUCATE'

Preliminary Magazine - 1st Attempt

In my first attempt at a preliminary cover, I decided to use a close up shot of the model as I'd decided to go with the Z1 layout for the cover. I chose the name 'EDUCATE' and decided to go with a capitalised font style to make the title stand out. Regarding the colour palate, I decided to to stick with just 3 colours; black, white and grey. This proved effective as it makes the page appear minimalistic and professional, as opposed to the cluttered approach that others attempt. 

I understand that there may be some alignment issues concerning the relationship between the barcode and the lower text 'Are you prepared?'. I plan to fix this but it's proving tricky to find the right font size to match with the rest of the page. 




For the contents page I decided to use black as the main font as it stands out nicely on the grey. It is still partially incomplete as I need to title my pages, but it is nearly finished. I decided to use some left over pictures of Cameron (the model) to liven the page up a bit. To make them look professional and uniform I added a white boarder to both photos. The contents make conforms to the same design philosophy that the front cover used, they use the same fonts, the same colour palate and they are both minimalist in their nature. The only difference is that the font colours are reversed, with white front page's font colour and black the contents page's.





1 comment:

  1. I believe that your magazine cover is effective and I appreciate the fact that you have recognised the issues. I find it interesting that you have decided to alternate from a generic first attempt. I believe that once these mentioned minor issues have been altered the magazine will get a lot better. Congratulations on your first attempt Ollie, I am looking forward to seeing your final piece.

    ReplyDelete